A downloadable game for Windows
Game Developed for #NoticeMe Game Jam
Best Cover Art Winner
Spirit Lantern. A Game where you venture into a haunted mansion with said Spirit Lantern and rid hallways of those pesky spirits. But Beware! Spirits will get restless when the night falls.
Good Luck and chase those high-scores!
- Simple arcade platformer with retro 80s NES style graphics
- Infinite Waves of Spooky Spirits
- Loads of Score mechanics
- High scores saved locally
POST JAM NOTES:
- This game now has controller support
- Rebindable controls using the Input 5 library
- Added artwork to fill the side bars
- Adjusted the Jumping down controls to more controller friendly
- More forgiving combo times
PLAY IN BROWSER
(Opera GX required )
(You can customize controls by selecting CONTROLS in the main menu)
- Move - LEFT, RIGHT
- Jump - Z (XBOX = A) (PS4 = Cross)
- Shine Lantern - X (XBOX = X) (PS4 = Square)
- Drop Down - DOWN + JUMP
- High Jump - UP + JUMP
Fullscreen toggle - ALT + ENTER
Change Border Art - 1,2,3,4,5,6
Sound Effects by Juhani Junkala / SubspaceAudio @ OpenGameArt
Input 5 library by Juju Adams and Alynne Keith
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio, Krita|
|Tags||8-Bit, Arcade, Cute, Endless, Female Protagonist, GameMaker, Retro, Score Attack, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Spirit Lantern - Post Jam Version
- Extract zip
- Run SpiritLantern.exe
- POST JAM UPDATEJul 07, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I love it! My only qualm is there seems to be an input delay when activating the lantern. Not sure if it's intentional to act as a cooldown or maybe my gamepad is having issues.
Seems to have something to do with when you switch floors, there's a tiny delay before you can use the lantern.
Yes, the lantern has a tiny cooldown to kinda prevent spamming. I tried to make it so you get into a certain rhythm when playing efficiently
Thanks for playing and commenting :)
Show post...so sweet retro